Amore y Pace

5.5.06

my best self

i went out with the new roomies tonight-feliz cinco de mayo-for dinner. we walked to this place called El Jardin because they have world famous margaritas. i'd like to know how it is that every mexican place happens to reserve the "world famous ___" title on cinco de mayo? hmmm. . .

what do i care, fool me and give me a good drink! and they did, a couple actually. in the last few weeks i've had a few friends mention that they thought I was sorta "jumpy" meaning: on edge, jumpy, overly stressed. i think all four of them are right.

we were out having a great time tonight and i was half thinking (because thats all i can do when i have alcohol in my system) about how great it feels to get the edge off. what a relief it is to be with ppl you trust and enjoy and to have a drink or two, or. . .;)

so i've decided that tonight, i was my best self. and it took a bit of tequila and rum to get me there, but rest assured-i was my best. cheers and buenas noches, bonita

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

margaritas are wonderful, especially when you drink too many of them. I try and do that as often as possible.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Wasp Jerky said...

I'd never had a margarita until this week. Yummy indeed.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Wasp Jerky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:14 PM  
Blogger brett said...

I think "world famous" might mean "a little stronger than the rest" and if that's the case then I completely agree.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a pizza restaurant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia called Le Jardin. Weird.

(I do realize yours was "El." It's still close. And kinda weird.)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, I have yet to try alcohol because I am breast feeding. I haven't had alcohol in over 4 years! I don't think that is the worst thing in the world, mostly cuz I don't like the taste of alcohol, but I'd at least like to expand my horizons from Strawberry daquaries...on my honeymoon...in mexico. Cheers in about 2 or 3 months!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home