Amore y Pace

1.5.06

23

i'm pretty sure this was the age when i stopped being able to sleep in on Saturday mornings. has this happened to anyone else?

there was a time when i could sleep in on ANY occasion until say, 11a or noon. i'm talking, stay in your pajamas all day kinda sleeping in. and then suddenly when i was about 23 i woke up at 7:30am for no reason; and it continued that way from then on.

the thing is that it is so agravating because you know your body is capable of getting more sleep. and yet you awaken at 7:15 without an alarm and you think to yourself: "self-what the heck is wrong with you. it's 7:15 in the stinkin' morning and you don't have to be awake. STOP DOING THIS."

to no avail, you can't return to sleep.

i finished moving in last night. now i just have to organize and put away a significant amount of junk.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

dear ninja. . . you are way to sly for me;)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

I don't sleep more than about 6 hours a night anymore. it's weird. I used to routinely sleep for half days at a time.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Clint Wells said...

I hate sleep. Really. I stay up late and I wake up early...I think sleeping sucks.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

...unless clint is in the car late at night driving home from a gig or recording trip. then he absolutely LOVES sleep. isn't that right, clint?

10:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

haha, yes. clint does love to fall asleep at inopportune times.

i however could sleep anywhere, at any time. i think i have a sleep disorder. just last night i went to bed at 9:45 and woke up at 7 and I could still take a nap. and i'm 23. maybe i'm a late bloomer on the early rising thing...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kara Newby said...

nope, I'm 26, and still LOVE sleep. I no longer take the 3 hour naps of yesteryear, but I still LOVE LOVE LOVE sleep. You guys are just overachievers. Stephanie, I miss you. Can I call soon?

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home