Amore y Pace

10.4.06

the only thing i hate about summer

is shaving my legs. please remember that in the midwest, our summer has yet to begin. this week is the first time ALL YEAR that temps may reach to 70, and they drop back down at night into the 40s-50s. so i yet to see a reason to shave on a regular basis given this dynamic.

of course if you have a Y chromosome you'll find this difficult to understand. a lot of men seem to think shaving takes little to no effort or time. lets not forget a women's legs is half her body so shaving TAKES TIME. and its annoying when it gets cold at night and your pores seem to defend themselves by squeezing out hair folicals making you ready for another shave.

i loathe shaving. but i do like Pedro the Lion's words: what makes you think that it won't grow back in a day or two. husbands in winter they know the truth. but what can they do. i don't like girls the way they are so shave their legs and make them look like movie stars then we can pretend it's natural
he's right. when they really get to know you they'll run.

heres what i want to know: who decided that this was necessary?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey are you coming to tejas anytime soon???

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey are you coming to tejas anytime soon???

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have totally used John's trimmer on my legs before just to get the hair length to a managable level...
Pits are a pain...as well as other "areas"...
Can I get a what~what?!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, and it's bad when you start shaving b/c you just need to so badly, just to feel female again, but you're in the shower and realize what time it is w/ only one leg completed...to give up seems sinful, but we're talking time management skills here. i'm with you. jamie, funny girl you are!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are moving to the city soon? Do you need help. Let me know when you get settled and I'll have you over for dinne.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"tension"... Katie said that she sensed tension and I think this all has been very tense for Jacob...understandably so.

I am interested to hear more about what you said in your email. I also am considering picking up that book to read it. How quick of a read is it? I ask, because I have a not so short list of books to read....

5:37 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

I think the shaving of the legs must be really annoying. I'm glad I don't do it.

And by the way, bonita, this is the coolest thing someone I don't know has ever posted on my blog:

"wow. somebody actually asked you if what you write reflects Christ? that was ballsy, in a really un-ballsy stupid way"

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need your email...

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh...try shaving when you have a beach ball in the way! At about 7 1/2 months pregnant you begin to have EXTREME difficulty in the entire shaving process. Managing to shave from ankle to knee is what I do all the time, but this is the only area I can reach at this juncture of pregnitude. Trevor shaved my legs a time or two when I was pregnant with Corban, but this time he doesn't seem to mind the hair, I guess.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Kara Newby said...

The things I hate most about summer:

SWEAT

The thing I like most:

Ice Cream

Though not a summer-exclusive, it does seem to be consumed more in the summer

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home