Amore y Pace

21.4.06

even though there is so much i still haven't reconciled, my heart is His

i was in the city today pursuing a few opportunities for work, for fun, for life. i took the longer "el" route to my new house so i could walk down Southport and check out the cool shops that will soon be my stomping grounds. when there are so many new opportunities in front of me i sorta get a little nervous. i was telling a friend last night that i've been kinda insecure about a couple decisions lately-and i HATE insecurity (i do my best to stay far away from the worm).

the thing is that i always want to keep my options open. so in effect, i hate deciding on ONE thing. i get scared that i'll be bored or that it'll suck and i'll have no way out, etc. i was thinking that it would be a whole lot easier if i could set out a dumb fleece like ol' Gideon in the story in Judges of the Bible. is it just me, or was that like way too easy? no chance that would work now, i'm too complicated for that sort of thing. meaning i have no faith.

as i was leaving downtown i got a call from this man who is a key link to some networking i've been doing for at least a month. some wheels are turning and i might get connected better than i thought. i am totally humbled.

i came home and got in the bath thinking about how much i'd like to lather in God's mercy. so soothing. i listened to this on my drive. . .




What would I have done if it wasn't for Jesus?
What would I have done if it wasn't for Jesus?

What would I have done?
What would I have done?

What would I have done if it wasn't for you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hames said...

"Where can you go when you've lost the keys, when all is dark and you're on your knees?

... there is a Light that will save the day..."

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a dream, stephanie. and in that dream, God said, stephanie should write a book. ok, so i'm kidding about the dream. but you really should write a book one of these days.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gideon's fleece was actually not a very good idea. In fact, God would have wished that he would have moved with out any sort of sign. Faith should always have a bias towards action...that is the ony way it grows--it must be excercised like a muscle.

Anyway, I wanted to post a comment here to tell you about the book I am reading. I don't want to make comments about it on my blog. Quite honestly I am in a denomination that is "still sorting out its s-t-u-f-f" on the issue. It is a great book. Cogent argument. Nothing new, but more brief than most and nuanced in a very persuasive sort of way. I highly recommend it. Balanced and fair and pushes all of us to re-evaluate our approach to Scripture and towards this issue.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

amanda dearest, if the Lord gave someone a talent to write, it is you whom did receive. i've been jealous since the 7th grade.


bart-i love what you said about faith. i'll use that for certain.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hames said...

Where did your friend meet me? And when? It would be crazy if we had met.

Though I don't remember meeting any American ladies recently.

Dan

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home