Amore y Pace

19.3.06

Sushi is raw fish people-c'mon.

i think its so funny that people think sushi is so "cool". i agree that an exotic change in anyone's diet to include an ethnic new food is cool. but i'm going to admit: i don't like sushi.

last night i went out with a friend who decided he'd pick out dinner. so we're driving and he says that there are 2 choices for the night: 1. the asian supermarket or 2. yenyen noodles. i was up for mexican, but i'm always up for mexican so we went to numero uno. evidently in the back of the super there is some great sushi bar. (side story: in the back of the super where we ate there was also a Korean family eating who brought in their own Popeyes chicken while checking out the asian video checkout area-that was a fun site)

last night i was biting into eel and as it was being chewed in my mouth like silly puddy i decided that it wasn't worth it. seriously, when you need a glass of water inches from your hand to enjoy a meal just suck it up and admit it: sushi is not for me; and i'm ok with that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, basically, if it's raw, I'm going to safely assume I won't like it. I'm glad you are still blogging. I have enjoyed keeping up with mine. Hope things are going great! I enjoyed our phone convo the other day.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

sushi sucks, and it might even destroy my marriage.

I'm Brian, by the way. I found your blog by way of kara. Hope you don't mind.

BTM

2:15 PM  
Blogger Wasp Jerky said...

There's a lot of different kinds of sushi, so you might have just had some that sucked (not all sushi is raw). Personally I love the stuff.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonita, I too have been talked into sushi many times...each person says, "if you don't like it, it is b/c you have not had GOOD sushi!" Well...I am convinced there IS no good sushi...I went through about 80 drinks just trying to keep mine down...Sushi is not cool.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home