Amore y Pace

23.3.06

Shoe-Mate

Shopping for shoes can certainly be a chaotic experience when clearance time rolls around. I went to Nordstrom Rack to find some comfy city shoes. You see I need a heel, something black, comfy, and stylish a combination that is rare in this day and age. This is where the madness ensues.

At Nordstrom Rack they have a shoe-mate policy. You browse the chaotic shelves of shoes each with a bright color sticker coordinating to a percentage off. (Why people don't just pull the pink 50% off and add them to their finds, I'll never know. Sometimes I think I was born to be a thief) All the shoes have been thrown here and there with no order. I realize the system early on: that us customers pick up the lonely shoe and take it to the Shoe-Mate counter to find it's pair.

I looked and looked. Diesel 7.5 too small, Kenneth Cole black heel 8.5W too big, too wide, XOXO shorter black back-less pump 8.5 too big but maybe. . . . I check the Shoe-Mate counter and they have the match. I try it on and it becomes certain I need the 8. Sheila at the counter hands me an 8 and says "The mate is somewhere on the floor, you just have to find it."

Well if that isn't the predicament of my life I don't know what is!

A whole half hour must have gone by with me on my hands and knees holding that dumb shoe out in search of its mate. I found nothing. The good news is I keep my forty bucks & some change, the bad news I still have no perfect city shoe. The search continues (both for the shoe and the mate).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to see you back. Gabi and I were talking the other night, and we were discussing the downside to xanga (and blogs in general, esp. for me w/work etc.). But we both decided we missed your blog. So if you don't mind, I'll forward him your new one. ;-)
And I have a new book that YOU MUST READ. Have you read Caramelo? Or other stuff by Sandra Cisneros. I can't remember if we've talked about her...

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site my friend, and i mean nice as an understatement. i'm sorry you don't enjoy sushi, i'm a fan of the california rolls, or something less raw-fishy but still the sticky rice wrapped in seaweed, what could be better?
i booked my flight for nashville today. even got a pretty good deal. talked to my supervisor about changing positions, that went well also. i'm wondering if you want to read a book w/ me. not sure what, but i'm ready to dig into some good literature, shakespeare even, or a classic, or perhaps some modern suspense. don't know, just ready to read. perhaps????

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give Nordstrom Rack another shot!

"She who digs will be rewarded"

A wise woman said that...

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what a pile of available mates would look like. Hmmm...
Do you watch American Idol?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kara Newby said...

does your cell phone work now? You didn't say anything about the pictures. I didn't buy it. Driving home this afternoon- give me a shout out sometime my love.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home