Amore y Pace

31.8.06

Elmer's Glue & Crayola

These are some of my guilty pleasures. Along with chocolate liquors, justin timberlake, and Project Runway.

One of my favorite times of the year is when every Target, Walgreens and WalMart procreates school supplies in abundance. Markers for .50, pencil sharpeners for .39, irradescent rulers for 1.25. Thank you China for your productions. I don't know what it is about all the supplies that makes me all giddy, but everytime I pass the crates of supplies my adrenaline gets goin'.

Some people jump out of airplanes. The rest of us get aroused by trapper keepers and mechanical pencils. This is how I've come to terms with being a nerd: I've added cute clothes to the image and people can't gage my dork barometer.

This is the second year that I won't be scanning the shelves of an over-priced university book store price-checking required text and supplements recording their charge on some scrap paper so I can compare it to amazon marketplace.

College book stores make me salivate like Pavlov's dog and that damn bell.

I would be lieing if I told you that I don't plan on buying some folders and spiral notebooks just for the fun of it. I justify the crayons and markers by using them as "art therapy" with my clients :) Too bad they don't put palm pilots and blackberrys up for clearance during School Days Sales.

I told Elly that if (shouldn't I be saying "when"?) I get serious enough about my writing, I'll buy an iBook for City Life 101. That way I can be as cool as Carrie. and, Maybe then I'll also get my Mr. Big.

Cheers to new subjects.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

what is mr. big?

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...Mr. Big. I have yet to see the finale to that show. I, too, love the school supplies section of the stores. I almost always walk down that aisle and I am always tempted to fill up the cart with useless crap just cuz it's so darn cool. One of my favorite stores to walk around in is Office Depot, or Staples. Color me a dork, but I don't have the fashion sense to cover it up with, because I don't live with my sister anymore. I long for some guidance, but find myself looking to Trevor for it, and that is just sad.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

Brian T Murphy: Mr. Big is the love of Carrie's life in Sex in the City. She's the writer, the sex columnist actually. He is this Big Shot business man who goes between Manhattan, Paris, and business meetings all over the place and just isn't ready to be pinned down. Throughout the entire series they fall in and out and in to love again. It always comes back to Mr. Big.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

Oh yea, Dre you don't need Nancy, dude you got the Sassy new 'Do. Just work the mojo girl!!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

except Mr. Big was kind of an asshole...but i totally wanted them to end up together. i guess in a way they deserved each other...

listen to me! i'm philosophizing about Sex in the City!

i think i need more therapy...

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got excited about new school supplies EXCEPT getting a new pencil box or a new pencil bag every year.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Wasp Jerky said...

I used to put glue on my hands and peel it off when it dried.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

i should leave town more often. that way when check my blog, i'll feel popular that so many new comments have been made!

Thanks for stopping in here guys.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I need to call you. Yipes. I'm such a bad friend.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home