Amore y Pace

10.8.06

Lori Stoneman & her Tepid cup

The Way I See It # 141
I used to feel so alone in the city.
All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside.
Because how do you meet a new person?
I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized,
you just say, "Hi." They may ignore you.
Or you may marry them. And that possibility
is worth that one word.
-Augusten Burroughs
Author of Running with Scissors
(this person stole this from me. i actually wrote it forever ago; and
frankly I never run with scissors)
.
If you haven't been approved to be Lori's friend yet, you should run right over and hope to get approved. She's one of the coolest people I know. . . and I know a lot of cool people. After all, I am Bonita.
.
She sent me this cut out from her *Bux recently. She also sent me a compass necklace which has guided me through many lost adventures downtown.
About the quote: it's pretty much my urban philosophy.
.
The way Bonita sees it. .. . "Hi" has brought me the following people in a city full to the brim:
My roomates, a guy i went dancing with, my small group at church , this musician friend, some great dinners, and a collection of spontaneous stories that you wouldn't believe even if I told you.
.
My favorite place to practice #141 is on the "El". I say, take more risks people-what do you have to lose? I say risks are regrets birthing. And I don't want to bare any offspring of the sort.

6 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

After giving birth to way too many regrets, I've started trying the risk route. It's working out pretty well. No miracles or life changing events, but no annoying doubts or regrets either and that's good enough for me. Oh, and nice to meet you! I'll be back...

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget about the Mountain Man.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Clint Wells said...

sometimes just saying "hi" to a stranger on the cheek gets you a warm fist in the chest cavity.

that's what i always say. no one, regretably, has published that quote inside a written document.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Clint Wells said...

"cheek" should be "street".

i've got to stop doing meth. again.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

clint - is that what's wrong with your skin?

bonita - "hi" is a good way to start a relationship with a person who can definitely destroy your life. not that I know anything about that. also, "hi" is a good idea.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you going to write a book:? or at least publish all your blog entries? i'd buy it, no doubt! and how the heck was your FIRST DAY?
what is kara's blog spot?

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home