Amore y Pace

6.8.06

because i don't want to share my own thoughts

when i was in middle school my older sister told me that sometimes she would write down the things that other people said when they were quote worthy. thus, she began her personal quote log of everyday brilliance. being a closet journal addict i did the same.

here are a few quotes i've been thinking of lately. some have been said recently, others are fairly old.

on success and identity-
I don't want to be just another pretty face in the hallway. AMANDA

You need at least one person in your life who doesn't think you're great. DOMINIC

on singleness (and it's frustrations)-
Just remember, you can do what you want whenever you want to. MITZI

Now why would one of the coolest people I know be single? ELLY

There is something demoralizing about watching two people get more and more crazy about each other, especially when you are the only extra person in the room. It's like watching Paris from an express caboose heading in the opposite direction-every second the city gets smaller and smaller, only you feel it's really you getting smaller and smaller and lonelier and lonelier, rushing away from all those lights and that excitement at about a million miles an hour. SYLVIA PLATH in "The Bell Jar"

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I LOVE The Bell Jar. Too bad Plath had to stick her head in an oven and die. Great quote (again).

10:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

if you haven't seen SYLVIA the movie it is a must. it is my Favorite Gwenyth Paltrow movie, her performance was amazing.

and yes liz, i am fascinated by her life being that i am a mental health worker. what an interesting lense into humanity.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

really? i had no idea there was a movie about her. i'll have to check that out.

i actually had my first panic attack reading the bell jar when i read about the doctor giving a woman an episiotome during childbirth. i have a blood thing apparently.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the first paragraph, I felt sure I would see my name in all caps somewhere in the rest of the entry.

Episiotomes are yucky. I've seen two.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home