Amore y Pace

15.6.06

What a little wine can do:

i will say this, i'm glad my life isn't defined by the things that happen after a glass of wine. (i'm rolling my eyes at MYSELF i'll have you know) i've had some proud and not so proud moments.

wine has gotten me into some interesting quandaries. a few of the many- getting stuck in an Etruscan city for a night with someone i had met but hours before and crashed with in some random accommodations, an unfortunate smooch with the mountain man, absolute silliness with the girls welcoming the new year, vino dancing & the piano man.

sometimes i wonder what it would be like if i lived like the italians, a glass of vino a day. talk about drama and following your heart. sheesh, that could be scary! but ever so exhilarating (giggle)

tonight my roommate and i had one of those classy evenings in. home cooked mandarin chicken on angel hair with a bottle of white wine. it's a great feeling letting yourself know and be known! i'd like to think it was our open mindedness and trust worthiness that brought out the beautiful words about our souls, our love, and our fears.

but, i think it was the wine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

last night I had dinner with four friends, which included, of course, ample wine and beer. Nothing is better than old friends who know you well, and when you combine that with alcohol and a comfortable atmosphere, it's pretty much the peak of existence.

at least the peak of my existence.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my first glass of wine last week at Brazil's. It was white and kind of fruity. I have no idea what kind it is or it's name because Stan Stoneman picked it for me, and even he didn't know what it was called. It was pretty good though. I only had one glass and I could totally feel it. I guess when it's been 2 1/2 years since your last 1/2 a bottle of a daqueri...yeah that is the most I have ever consumed at one time...anyway, it was good. I chased it with 2 glasses of water, though, so that was a buzz killer. When you're on a tight budget and water is free, you drink water when you're thirsty! Well, catch you later!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home