Amore y Pace

16.10.06

pensive

i get like this sometimes. where there are so many ideas and concerns flooding my mind that I can't be sure how to pinch one long enough to squeeze out any sense.

last night i was glad to be reminded of this:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

it's an interesting exhortation. a live sacrifice: offer your body and renew your mind. this will test and approve God's will?

offer your body.
renew your mind.

offer body.
renew mind.

offer.
renew.

sacrifice.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words...

sore legs

i think that might have been my first and last 10K

but i did a ton better than i thought i would! ran almost the whole thing (except through a church yard after a very huge hill! and except another small hill, which i refused to do b/c of the really huge hill!) think i must've run at least 9.5 kms!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

excellent writing. almost poetic. glad to hear from ya. keep posting and I'll keep reading.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Off topic:

I assumed you knew about the whole reunion party impromptu get together thingy at Colleen's. I almost didn't go, but I did. Small but fun crowd, Denise, Larry, me, Colleen, David, Andreea.

That was the night that all of the world almost floated away. It took 1hr 45 minutes to get home from Nville to where I live. Mmm hmm, drove through some massive water, people stranded out every where. The entire BGC parking lot was a lake..no exaggeration...the next day. Whole thing COVERED.

Crazy...crazy. Whatcha doin' for Halloween? You should have aparty or somethin'

8:50 PM  
Blogger roy said...

on topic.
very heartening. very hard.
very refreshing.

hope you are well.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Pensive...I'm that a lot. Sometimes I really wish I wasn't. I think I examine too much, but maybe I just examine and obsess over the wrong things.

Have you switched over to the beta version? That's something else I'm obsessing over - can't decide whether to go to the "other side" or not.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

tiff- i miss you!! forget the hills dude there's no way i'd run those!

abe-please come by my little corner of the web anytime.. . and bring bagstop :)

nicole-no party is a party without bonita. i'd love to see you guys!! but i'm out of town for Chicagoween :(

roy- I AM well. cheers

al-beta beta beta!!

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home