Amore y Pace

17.9.06

when myspace works

I actually still have friends from the 6th grade who I am connected to. Due in part to myspace. Some of us have kept in better touch at various times over the last many years since our Beverly Hills days, but our recent reunion was because of myspace.


Three of my longest friends came out to Chicago for a reunion. We had not all four spent time together since Project Graduation back in '98. And wouldn't you know, we're all just as funny, just as bossy, and just as cute as when we were eighteen.


The funny thing about it is that we all sorta fell back into our same roles. Regression, it seems, can occur in friendships just like in families. I go back to being the I'm-so-annoyed and-bossy one, Meg is the I'm-going-to-make-you-laugh-no-matter-what one, Manda is the what-the-hell-are-you-doing one, and Nat is the funny-girl-capture-the-joy one. Luckily they've all changed to add other quality traits.




Having them here was such a great reminder that friendship is a plentiful herb that i need in my life more than I realize. I loved showing them Chicago, but I loved being shown their constant acceptance and graciousness. These are the people who have been with me through aspects of my life that so few others know at all. These are the people who know my family, know my home, and know what I'm like at 5:30am on a Saturday after a huge Fajita dinner, hours of Dr.Pepper, Funnyuns, & Sweetart wars while rocking out some SkipBo. I wouldn't want to wrap a house with any finer human beings. These are my friends.

I know you've gotten crap about how some people use your site, but, Thank you myspace people.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my friends. I miss having girlfriends to call up. I have one girl that I could call now, and I am SO grateful, but I can't talk about "anything." Will we see you for Christmas? We are going to California for Thanksgiving!!! I'm so pumped.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

Dre, sadly no i don't think i'll be "home" for Christmas. but call me sometime!

Fletch. . . :)you spiced that crappy year up for ME!! thanks for reminding me of Top Gun (and the singing bridge). I miss me some Kirky.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home