Amore y Pace

10.7.06

Motorcycle Diaries on Birthday Eve


To get the festivities started off right, I went with my good friend for a motorcycle ride. I'd been asking him for a while to take me because it seems that Chicago would be so impressive on a bike.

We've been waiting for the best time and figured my birthday would be supreme. My only request was that we not go 100 mph and that he take me down Lake Shore Drive to see the skyline.


The summer in Chicago is really amazing. It gets hot no doubt, but not the sorta hot that makes you want to rip your skin off because the sun is squelching skin burns off the dashboard of your car (411: I'm referring to Houston here).
If you notice, I'm wearing a jean jacket and a long sleeve button down cowgirl shirt because at sunset it gets cool plus on a bike you feel the temp more.

We started off going North on Lake Shore from the Wrigley area. I was watching everyone at the marina and soccer fields-so fun! Then we connected to Sheridan Rd which runs through Evanston and on up to the Northern outskirts of Chicago-land.

Evanston is where Northwestern Univ. is, pretty much a beautiful area. Everything is so green and well kept and the houses quite impressive. It was a blast. We drove pretty far north, up to where Chicago's Ravinia music festival is held. We stopped to see the lake from a Look-out point up north.

The drive back we went all the way South on Lake Shore driving through the city, passed Grant Park and down to the infamous Lower Wacker which is one of my favorite mysteries of the Loop area! The city is so beautiful, at sunset when all the buildings are just lighting up and everyone is outside. Helmet hair is SO worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cutest girl in a helmet on the block, i'm sure of that....

what's up willis?!?!?!? tiff says hi. your calls make her day.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

motorcycles = joy.

just last night I took the lady to dinner on the bike. we drove home after too many margaritas (not recommended)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home