Amore y Pace

21.7.06

El hombre de super

I´m alive and well in Guatemala. It´s currently their WINTER, which is to say it rains most days off and on and drops down to say 60 degrees. At any rate, I went with my family tonight to the movies to see Superman, in spanish. This was hilarious because I felt like I was watching a really lame telenovela (Spanish soap opera) where the spanish was dubbed over. It´s moments like this when I love Lost in Translation so much more.

There are so many things here I miss. I´ll spare you too much detail, you might puke from the poetry running in my veins. I am contenta to say the least. And it is such exhiliration to actually think all day in spanish.

I am even more excited to start my new job come August. I´ll be doing quite a bit of family therapy in spanish. To all of you in the english world, take a little siesta for your heart´s sake.
-Con carino

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corban loves watching Dora the Explorer, and is picking up some Spanish from it. The other day he was playing with his toys and he was making one of them say Ayuda me! Then he would translate, it was pretty cute.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quieres mantequilla?
y una loncha de queso.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

un gato en mis pantelones.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Wasp Jerky said...

I wouldn't mind a little winter right now myself.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home